For your Childs Future
The following report has recently been published in regards to the danger associated with digital media exposure.
- 91% of 16-24 year olds use the internet for social networking
- Social media has been described as more addictive than cigarettes and alcohol
- Rates of anxiety and depression in young people have risen 70% in the past 25 years
- Social media use is linked with increased rates of anxiety, depression and poor sleep
- Cyber bullying is a growing problem with 7 in 10 young people saying they have experienced it
- Social media can improve young people’s access to other people’s experiences of health and expert health information
- Those who use social media report being more emotionally supported through their contacts
As a parent responsibility is to look out for things which cause harm to our children. The negative effects of an unregulated access to digital usage is impeding if not limiting the potential of these children.
The effects of neurological dependency and physical dependency is greater then cigarettes and significantly more harmfull.
Parents should question their usage and the environment which they are creating. I will endeavour to list support structures fo helping parents to develop copying mechanisms.
Information for Parents
For now have a look at the following website which works to do this